Welcome to Camber Outdoors!
We are currently accepting proposals for the 2019 Camber Outdoors Webinar Series. Please read the following to learn more about the topics and presenter criteria. Once you decide to apply, please create an account and proceed to the application form by clicking here.
About the Webinar Series and Audience:
The Camber Outdoors webinar series is a cornerstone program providing leadership development to a network of aspiring leaders in the active-outdoor industries. Our audience consists of professional-level women in companies that comprise the active-outdoor industries (e.g., Snow, Bike, Run, Outdoor, etc). Our webinar attendance ranges from 85-150 participants and attendees come from the United States and Canada. Participants come to the sessions expecting to learn specific skills and tools that will help them be more effective in their current roles and to build the capability to advance in their careers. Many organizations supplement their internal learning and development programs with the Camber Outdoors webinar series. Several companies use the webinars as an opportunity to bring women (but not only women) together in a conference room for learning, Q&A, and additional development.
Dates and Subjects:
January 17th - Building Your Personal Development Plan
February 21st - Self Awareness, Presence, and Emotional Intelligence
March 21st - Fundamentals of Team Management
April 18th - Giving and Receiving Feedback
June 27th - Top Skills to Develop to Become a CEO
July 18th - Presentation Skills Development
August 15th - Developing Your Leadership Style
September 19th - Finding and Keeping a Mentor
October 17th - So, You're Now a Manager
November 21st - Financial IQ
December 19th - How to Reflect on This Year (And Plan for Next Year)
Each of these webinars will begin at 12p MT.
Who Should Apply?
All are welcome to apply -- and there's room for industry and non-industry applicants. Our belief is a blend of new and familiar voices strengthens the program to deliver greater value.
We are looking for folks with subject-matter expertise in the topics we've selected for the 2019 program. We are also looking for people who may not necessarily be SMEs, but who have real-world in-industry experience they can talk about related to our topics.
Benefits to You:
If you are selected to present, Camber Outdoors will promote the webinar in our general membership newsletter (distributed to more than16,000 industry employees), in our social media, on our website, and at our in-person networking events (called Camber Exchanges).
We will review applications and evaluate them based on the following criteria:
- The connection of content to building/creating/supporting equitable workplaces
- The relevance of your content to the audience
- Examples, case studies, and or best practices
- Actionable next steps
- Speaker qualifications
Not every application will be selected to deliver a webinar.
Terms and Conditions:
Please note, if you are selected to present/facilitate a webinar, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Any application that is selling or promoting a particular product or commercial service will not be accepted. (You may mention your name, current organization, a summary of your expertise, and location. However, you may not make any offers of services, discounts, etc. of any kind during or after the webinar without permission from Camber Outdoors.)
- We will not provide a list of attendees, but we will gladly share your contact information for those that want to reach out to learn more.
- Camber Outdoors and its Sponsor may record your presentation and this may be used, for example, as a downloadable file on the Camber Outdoors website.
- Camber Outdoors will not compensate you for your time preparing for or delivering the webinar. However, upon request, Camber Outdoors can provide you with an in-kind donation form for your tax purposes.
If you'd like to apply, please click here to make an account and submit your application.